PARENTAL CODE OF CONDUCT:
The Patuxent Football Academy is dedicated to enhancing the community by providing an opportunity for our youth to play soccer at the highest level that they aspire and reach their full potential.
It is understood that this code of conduct is designed as a guide to promoting an environment of good sportsmanship and fair play and respect for the volunteers and agents that administer PFA and its programs. The standards of behavior or disciplinary actions identified in this code are not intended to be exhaustive. The participants should be aware that any behavior not specifically described herein but failing to meet the spirit and intent of this code may subject those involved to disciplinary action.
- I/We will not force my/our child(ren) to participate in sports. I/We will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for youth, not adults.
- I/We recognize that valuable resources and information for being a supportive parent are posted on PFA’s web site
- I/We will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my/our child(ren) or the safety of others.
- I/We will learn the laws of the game and the rules and policies of the league(s) in which my child(ren) play.
- I/We (and my/our guests) will be a positive role model for my/our child(ren) and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators (including opponents) at every game, practice or other sporting event.
- I/We (and my/our guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands, or using profane language or gestures.
- I/We will respect the officials and coaches and their authority during games and will NEVER question, discuss, or confront them at the game field. I/We will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed-upon time and place.
- I/We understand that I and my child(ren) and PFA are bound to adhere to Maryland State Youth Soccer Association Zero Tolerance Policy posted at www.msysa.org/riskmgmt.
- I/We will refrain from coaching my/our child(ren) or other players during games and practices, unless I am/ we are one of the official coaches of the team.
- I/We will demand a sports environment for my/our child(ren) that is free from any form of pornographic materials, weapons, drugs, tobacco (chewing, smoking), and alcohol and I/we will refrain from their use at all sports events.
- I/We understand that many facilities have policies against pets and I will proactively comply with these policies. I / We understand that it is my responsibility to seek out in advance, understand, and comply with these policies and not rely on PFA or facility officials to notify me and/or request that a pet be removed from any facility. I / We understand that many facilities used by PFA are not owned by PFA and that the permit and/or contract for the facility is limited to the intended use in the permit and/or contract. Usage of playground equipment, tennis courts, or any other parts of the facility that is not intended in the permit and/or contract is prohibited. I /We understand that any form of soliciting and/or concessions of any kind at any facility at which PFA has a permit and/or contract is prohibited unless authorized by PFA in advance.
- I/We will refrain from recruiting and/or influencing parents and players in any way from Patuxent Football Academy to leave PFA to join another soccer club or program. I/We hereby waive any and all procedures by any league to transfer an existing team to another club. I/We agree that the signing of a petition to transfer a team to another club will result in the team being placed in bad standing by the club and the immediate and permanent expulsion of the player from the team roster and the club. I/We agree that any such behaviors fall under the MSYSA definition of being a "disruptive influence" to the team.
- I/We understand that Patuxent Football Academy has ultimate authority in deciding the training and coaching staff of its players and teams and has the authority to discipline coaches and trainers accordingly.
- !/We understand that the name and logo of Patuxent Football Academy is owned by PFA and is controlled by federal copyright. The usage of the PFA name and logo must be authorized by PFA.
- I/We understand that the Patuxent Football Academy is a federally tax-exempt 501c3 non-profit organization and that the usage of the club's tax ID must be authorized by PFA.
- I/We understand that the Patuxent Football Academy has ultimate authority for the content that is posted on all of its worldwide web domains including content posted to individual team pages or any other team web page that is created by any PFA team.
- I/We understand that the Patuxent Football Academy has the authority to amend this Code of Conduct at any time.
Disciplinary Actions for failing to adhere to the Code of Conduct could include the following:
- Verbal or written warning by official, head coach, and/or head of league organization
- Mandatory training at the Parent's expense.
- Parental game suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file by the organizations involved
- Player suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file by the organizations involved (Player should be required to attend game)
- Parental season suspension (Should include all games if multiple children play)
- Expulsion from the club (Should include all players in the family)
- Liable for any monetary penalty the team receives due to my/our behavior